Friday, October 14, 2005

Pot grows brain cells?


My pothead friends might find this story interesting. ;)
It is ironic that in High School I hung out with the druggies and the Christians(Jesus freaks is what they prefer to be called) - oh and the nerds! And yet here I am - normal me. Not that I am much of any of those - just interesting people is who I hang out with. :D

Anywho, the fact that scientists FINALLY figured out that brain cells can re-grow makes me feel better. I always thought it rather odd that they stated we "couldn't" that at age 25 or something our brains stopped growing cells. That is just not true. Our minds stabilize at 25 years usually - but we can always re-shape our minds.

This is something that has been a part of Buddhist practice. To re-shape how the mind works so that it is not as dysfunctional as it normally is. It would be silly to try to do something if the mind could not create new neurons that would stabilize it.

No comments: