Saturday, August 19, 2006

Piñata party time!



Josiah had his birthday party - and it was quite fun!

We had some food - shishkabobs, which I found out originated in Persia ( now Iran). We also grilled some veggies and put them on rice, in addition to corn-on-the-cob. We had MUCH more food than we truly needed!

Then we took out the piñata for all the kids to beat at until they got their beloved candy! It was a lot of fun, more than I had thought. Mate was still hitting it afterward, and Josiah even put on the piñata head and "roared" at people. :)

All the kids just ended up playing either in the house or at the park behind where we live. It was very surreal, and kept me quite busy!

But in the end I was able to relax - well after Laura Kipka had me get the booze! Honestly, I am not much of a drinker. Nor had I thought it appropriate at a kid's birthday party. But with the kids busy, the adults have to do something - right? I ended up getting some Heineken, Mike's Hard Berry, and Smirnoff Ice. Did I have any? One, but thas pretty much ALL I ended up having. Which is fine, not drinking often makes it more worthwhile when I do. ( moderation in all things is a virtue )

But in getting the drinks I was also able to drive my old car - my Daewoo Lanos( you can see it in the background while Hibak is swinging!) . So...twas nice. Miss my car, but only because it conjures up memories. ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a very lovely time. I hope all is well with Brandy, siah, and of course you. ~always thinking of you... Take care...