Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Como Park Zoo day!



We went to the Como Park Zoo today! Attached to it is Como Town, where children can ride small amusement park rides - like a mini-roller coaster. Josiah got to go on 3 rides.

Brandy took photos of flowers, but we were unable to check out the many gardens - just the zoo. And we didn't take any photos, but I really loved going.

I was able to see all sorts of amazing primates, as well as tigers, lions, and flamingos. Though Como is smaller than the Minnesota Zoo - it is simple and even cozier. ( but I do wish the animals had more spacelike they do at the Minnesota Zoo! )

One interesting note is that I wore a pink t-shirt, with the Planned Parenthood label on the back and the words "It's in your power VOTE" on the front. While my Father may have been upset about my stance on reproductive health, three women felt they had to commend my wearing of this shirt. As this was the first day I wore it, I was rather surprised at the positive feedback received. Only my Doctor Who and Ghost in the Shell shirts have gotten close to this attention!

So, those who wish to make their social/political thought known - wear them! ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very nice photography... perfect! ;-)