Thursday, May 29, 2008

Initial denial of Unemployment


I am confounded as to why the Minnesota Unemployment Insurance denied my claim. I wonder if they do this to prevent people from actually receiving any money. It could be a tactic that they use to "save" taxpayer money. But in actuality, they are only shielding the worst employers from their duties to formerly loyal employees.

Anyone who is denied benefits in Minnesota should appeal and fight it as long as they can.

Why is it that everyone I know that worked at Mystic Lake and is fired without a reason is initially denied? Alan Maki believes that the Shakopee Mdewakanton Sioux Community and the Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Develeopment ( DEED ) are conspiring to do this intentionally. This could be true, as Mystic Lake's lawyer didn't even bother to show up to court. I won my appeal, because they never stated in writing why I was fired.

Because I was denied my unemployment, I had to go without income for two months. Fortunately, I had been saving up for an emergency like this.

No comments: