Monday, December 25, 2006

Merry Christmas!



While I normally have weekends ( sat/sun ) off at work, I switched schedules to hang out with Ruth this Wednesday and help out a co-worker. So, it has worked out well.

I have been listening to Buddhist podcasts after returning home from work. They have allowed me newer perspectives regarding everything. With Christians asking me if I celebrate Christmas or am even a Christian, it can be a little overwhelming.

I don't want to ruin anyone's holiday, but make it my own. There are wonderful things about Christmas one can take in without idolizing what appears a mythology. There is nothing wrong with the mythology either, Buddhism has its own stories. They teach us what is important about our faiths.

I have been meditating on what to do regarding my relationship with Brandy. And I have been recommended to see the relationship as it is, and see if certain aspects color my perspective including: desire, ill-will, stupidity, & fear. As the Buddha taught, all things are impermanent. But instead of looking at the situation with only two possible solutions, I must work to find the multiple solutions and the best within that. Hopefully Brandy can assist me, because she always says she is overwhelmed with everything.

No comments: