Saturday, December 16, 2006

Holidazzle with Kelly and Siah

We stayed home most of the day. Carie Krogen needed someone to watch Kelly, so I had no problem helping out. Kelly and Josiah get along great!

They were able to play with many neighbor children outside as it was very warm! Then when everyone went inside, so did Siah and Kelly. Brandy returned home with faraway friends Ruth Sherman and Derrick. Josiah was acting awful with two visitors, so I was unable to stay chatting with them because I had to discipline.

I usually discipline Josiah by using time-outs. These can vary depending on the severity of what he has done. But most the time sitting/standing in the corner suffices. But in some cases I have to take him to his room and sit in front of the door or other times hold him in the corner until he settles down.

Eventually, when our visitors left, we left for downtown via Hiawatha LRT. Brandy opted to stay home and take a bath. Kelly had never seen the train before, and was quite excited. I never get bored of LRT, because it is the future of transportation in America. But with so many going downtown for the same purpose, the trains were all packed! Luckily I am only one person and have 2 little guys who can squeeze between anyone!

We went to the Holidazzle and found a spot by Target Corporate HQ. This was convenient because afterwards we went to Chipotle. Their outdoor sign was unlit, but it was obvious by the line that they were still open. Kelly said she had never been there, but enjoyed her burrito nonetheless.

We then went home and Josiah could not act decent with her on the train. So we had to get off early at Cedar/Riverside and walk home from there. Josiah was very upset we had to walk, but Kelly was just fine. So it was a very good lesson for Siah in having to listen/act decent on the train

After Josiah and Kelly went to sleep, I read Persopolis by Marjane Satrapi. I LOVED it! Quite an excellent manga about her childhood in Iran in the late 70's and early 80's.

I am SO fortunate to live in a land where I can express myself and not face authoritarian persecution to such severity. Yes, the corporate world check up on applicants ousing MySpace/Google. I wouldn't want to work for someone who fired me over these blogs. I am also harassed in South Minneapolis by missionaries, who tell me I will go to hell by being Buddhist. The so-called homeless batter me with ridiculous stories ( which usually contain a part about being saved by Jesus ) and then refuse free food. Yes, it's annoying at times - but it's a lot easier living here than in Iran.

Brandy came home and explained how she brough the remainder of my injera & red lentils to a party. She also gave an album by the Sierra Leone Refugee All Stars to the birthday girl: Anjelica. It seemed to be quite popular at the party, of course this is another band I have found through my various resources. ( Paste magazine and 89.3 the Current )


[ note: I would have more photos, but our Kodak camera is broken. Josiah most likely tried using it and broke it. Coincidentally, there is a sale on digital cameras this week. I can get a 7MP camera for a lower price than Brandy bought the 6MP camera for - same brand: Kodak.]

No comments: