Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Scam phone calls make me feel warm and fuzzy


I just received ANOTHER scam call from these people at "Warranty Service Center" who claim they are from Orlando, Florida. They called me from 386-427-6893. I do not even OWN a car, why would I want a warranty on one?

The first thing they ask is the make and model of my car. I ask them for their company, but they only give the vague name listed above. They hang up after explaining I do not own a car and would prefer they sold theirs so we can collectively begin to end our oil addiction.

They make a lot of money charging $150 warranty insurance cancellations, and their 90 day waiting policy to file claims.

Their company does not abide by the Do Not Call list. They are fined only $500 per offense, and since few complain, it is a very lucrative niche market. Complain to the FCC directly here: http://esupport.fcc.gov/complaints.htm


I found their actual number online: 1-888-282-3524 ext. 0 for operator or ext. 4209 for "Tina"
ext. 4207 for "Jessica Decapra"

Their actual address:

Pacific Guard Warranty
25 Crescent Dr
Suite A538
Pleasant Hill, CA 94523

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Their current address is 2150 Salvio Street,second floor,Concord,Ca.94520 Across from Totos Santos Park downtown Concord.