Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Facebook and the myth of online privacy


As someone who lost his job because I blogged about a Green Party candidate, I think it very funny people think the internet is "private." I attacked a political candidates "privacy" online. Ooohh. Do people really think that they can just gate off their digital information and assume no one else will see it? Okay, you are a moron if you think it is.

Your "privacy" is null and void in the 21st century. Digital devices can take our photos, voices, writings, pretty much every aspect of our lives could find its way online if we choose to do so. To assume nothing "private" will get online is ludicrous.

I consider anything in life bloggable, unless I receive a written, signed, and notarized statement from an individual who wishes not be "discovered" online. Do that with each blogger and Facebook user. I bid you good luck.

Okay, I don't write about everyone, but just send me an e-mail or txt msg if you have an issue with my blog. I have even been blamed for other's comments! And unless I am aware of them, I don't delete them.

No comments: