Thursday, January 17, 2008

Mystic Lake Excellence Award

I received this award only four months before being fired for my Green Party activism. The guidelines for the award are:
  • Consistent and exceptional performance. A one-time incident does not meet the criteria for this award
  • Only a manager or supervisor within team member's department may recognize a nominee for this award
  • Only active, non-exempt team members are eligible
Obviously, I had shown commitment to outstanding service, and few questioned this. I was never fired by the Slots Department. A tribal member active in the DFL or Republican party may have decided that Green Party member do not deserve employment. Michelle Christensen, my departmental manager, did not want to have to abide by their unlawful action in late April 2008. This ordeal makes me wonder if Green is the new Red. I have never cared about Communism, yet I am treated like I am a Communist. Capitalism may not cause our society to collapse, our addiction to oil and hydrocarbons will. Mark my words in permanent marker across your screens. :P

No comments: