Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Blog info 2007

Of all that happens in my life, less than 10% of all the big things I do each year probably end up in this blog. But I do try to keep up, but you know life is quite busy.

Josiah and I have been quite busy this year with him going to school now, the Clouds in Water Zen Center every other weekend, and all the neighborhood events and garden work days. In the Winter, we try to get out when we can and sled or play in the snow.

It has been a tremendously busy year for me, and I hope 2008 brings things to more of a calm. But if the events that have wrapped up 2007 are any indication - things will be rough for a while.

The latest news:
*Josiah is still in school but is having a rough time behaving on the bus and may get kicked off.
*Brandy hasn't had a stable home for more than a month at a time, is starting a new job at Hard Times Cafe and is returning to college to finish her BA.
*Susan Rose Hamblin died, leaving my Mother a widow and without a job or any money. She may need a place to live and I wish I could help her out.
*Timothy, my brother, has just moved in with me because he was evicted from his place in Shakopee. He has taken Josiah's room, and is looking for a job so he can get his own place.
*Phanice is stuck in Kenya, after missing her meeting at the embassy. She was at her sister's funeral when the letter arrived stating her date with them. In addition, the nation of Kenya is in a state of anarchy due to a possible rigged election and pathetic tribalism. I haven't been able to get a hold of her for over a week, and will not be able to until the situation there stabilizes.
*Anne Stang and Matt Kremers have really helped me a lot over the last several years. I hope I haven't made them mad, because they don't return phone calls any more and didn't answer there door when I tried stopping over a couple times. But I had to cancel a babysitting date with them because of circumstances out my control, and they probably blame me for it. I really don't have anyone else reliable to help me out with Josiah apart from Leah and Brandy. Though my Mom did help the week Brandy disappeared.

The better news:

*I am glad to have many good friends. I especially am glad that Leah Seelhoff has been there for me so many times! Thank you Leah! Can't imagine 2007 or 08 without you!
*Josiah is learning how to read and write numbers/words, though he likes to guess, is lazy about it, and has a short attention span
*Brandy has rarely missed being there to help watch Josiah while I am at work. Thank you Brandy for being much 100% consistent since summer!
*Re-elected to the 5th Congressional District Green Party Steering Committee until July 2008. Hope I can do my part to keep thing stable and grow the local party!

site info:
554 visitors from 25 October until 31 December 2007.

No current financial gain, though I did install Google-ads in November.

No comments: