Sunday, March 11, 2007

Mandazi Sunday

Today was not quite busy, but a typical Sunday. Josiah and I spent the morning together. Had he been acting better we could have gone out to the park longer than we had. But I made him breakfast, but he tried getting into other things in the cupboards when I was in the bathroom.

But I did end up making mandazi. I still haven't been able to make it like it was made for me by Phanice! It isn't nearly as fluffy.....grrr. But Siah still loved them.

Carie Krogen dropped Kelly off today at around 2. Brandy is now unable to watch her Monday,Thursday, and Friday. She is barely getting by in school. And I rarely saw her this last week, apart from last night. I won't go into details, but Brandy is in very bad shape.

Kelly and Siah chomped down on more mandazi while I moved my computer to the first floor. I really didn't want it there, primarily because it was safer in the bedroom. But I "fixed" my external speakers with Gorilla tape, so it is more worthwhile. Besides, now I can listen to podcasts while doing dishes, folding clothes, and watching Siah!

Well, apart from that I got some paperwork done. Then I took the two rascals to the East Phillips Park. The weather is snow melting, so it was quite slushy. But they were able to exert some of their pent up energy on the dry playground equipment.

Then I finished making lentil soup and grilled cheese sandwhiches. I typically make some sort of soup on Sundays. Last week was potato-kidney bean with vegan-style corn bread. Though most of my meals are vegan.

Anywho, relaxing to music and catching up on blogs/computer work! At least I had today off! :)

No comments: