Tuesday, February 21, 2006

First day alone with Siah

These aren't exactly the first days I have been alone with Josiah. Brandy has gone off and spent many hours with friends and I have been able to watch him. But this Tuesday and Wednesday - my days off - I have been able to watch him with no assistance at all.

Tuesday we went to the Franklin Library for storytime. Josiah very much enjoys it. Though the library is going through some transitions with the new Central Library opening very soon. The librarian who usually is in charge of storytime was working on IT problems and moving equipment into the new library. SO we watched a video and Josiah enjoyed it along with the story we read. But I plan to take him each week as it is a good experience for him.

I feel awful that he cannnot go to preschool. Brandy says that we are qualified to go - though I doubt this. America puts little value on pre-school. The only ones who care seem to be Minnesotan Democrats, Independents, and Greens. Unfortunately, the Republicans are in charge. But let's not get political. ;)

And it seems that Brandy misjudged having to register Josiah by January 15th as the advertisements stated. I discussed this with her and she dismissed it. It is unfortunate for Josiah as he wants to be in pre-school.

As far as the psychological issues with going to the storytime - I think it is crucial. He was wetting hit pants more often before we started going. He was told by Brandy that if he was potty-trained that he could go to pre-school. Then when he did - he wasn't able to go yet. He became disenchanted with potty-training and started wetting his pants again.

I suppose this is only my theory as no one else has confirmed what I think - but I think it to be true. Josiah will not come out and say what his problem is - but I think this is it. SO I have told him that Story time is practice for pre-school and that he has to be good. So far so good - except at night. I will do some more things to prepare him for pre-school as time goes on. I just hope to keep him interested in learning things. He is already very earger to learn and to have a teacher.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

pre-school may be very valuable but if it is any consequence to know. I did not attend preschool. Yes I had a hard time in my elementary school years. If not going to pre-school attribuited to that I do not know four sure. Dispite it all I consider to be a smart person. I have accomplished many things I was a B average student in Middle school and High School. Have had many wonderful experiences and am now in college. I have even had the opertunity to go to an Ivy league college. Attribute and explain it however you will but somethings are just in a person... their determination and what I think important is that my parents brought me up with good moral and instilled that in me. If Josiah wishes to go to pre-school the I do hope for his sake that he will get a change to do so. Opertunities like that can only be a good things. I confess though I know little about raising a child and will not pretend to know anything so with that... good luck with the potty training.