Friday, December 30, 2005

Mom visits - first time since being back


It has snowed several inches today!

Josiah and I went outside for a bit until he got cold. ( lasted a little over half an hour ) He made some snow angels and used a scoop to fill a pail with snow - no real reason. Apart from pretending he was "Bob the Builder."

My Mother and her partner Sue visited today with my niece Elizabeth. Elizebeth and Josiah get along extremely well - so well that they are rather chaotic and loud together. It's like wild children times two!

In the photo you can tell Brandy is a bit burnt on her nose and cheeks. She just went tanning yesterday and it shows. She's preparing for her Costa Rica trip. Elizabeth is shown holding her new Fairytopia Barbie Doll - which she got from us for Christmas. It seems everyone got her a Barbie doll - she has 12 so far.

For Christmas I got my Mom and her Partner a photobook and a George W. Bush medal from the US Mint. ( I am no fan of Bush - but they are literally fanatics! Were wearing a different Bush shirt almost every day up until Election Day! But I didn't support Kerry but Nader - whom they actually admire )

Anywho - it was fun. I made pita pizzas for dinner and they brought burgers( which Brandy also enjoyed ).

I'm not sure how Sue is - she wasn't the same at all. She was lost in thought and concentration. Her conversation consistently moved onto subjects for no known reason. My Mom stated that Sue hadn't slept for over 24 hours and was getting delusional. Brandy thinks that Sue's drugs may be leading to a form of psychosis. Either way I hope she gets better - but Sue does have unique circumstances to deal with.

I was supposed to go out with Toni tonight - just like I was this Thursday. But she has better things to do. I was gonna go to Galactic Pizza for the first time - but not yet I guess. No biggie - plan to just chill tonight. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Siah's gotten so big! Glad you had a good visit with your family :)
All my love to all of ya ;)
Tina

Anonymous said...

Wonderful photo and wonderful snapshot memory. Take life easy.