Friday, October 09, 2009

GI Bill Update

Well, thank goodness the Feds were able to find funding for the Post-911 GI Bill. Although, I still believe that every American should have educational rights, I am thankful that I get them. I did not sign up with the Minnesota National Guard for educational benefits, but now that I am going they are quite convenient!

I get 60% of my tuition paid, and 60% of my books. If I were going more than half-time, I could get a housing stipend that would pretty much cover my rent. Currently, I am only going part-time because I work full-time and have Siah to care for.

At this time, my benefit sheet states I have only 34 months of benefits left after this semester. Yet I remain eligible until January 2021. Therefore, I should consider taking more credits if only to maximize the amount I can receive from this program. And I do not think I will take any summer classes, but focus on Fall/Spring.Therefore, my intended goal for spring semester is to take at least seven credits ( probably nine).

No comments: