Friday, February 15, 2008

The Health of a vegetarian


They say that every cell in your body will be new after 7 years. That is how long I will have been a strict vegetarian this coming October. Even before that, I am in excellent health. My body composition is rated excellent and my Body Mass Index ( BMI ) is 18.9 or just at normal.

While the blood test on the left couldn't determine my LDL cholesterol level, I had the test taken in December of 2006. It was 23 mg/dL. This was the lowest the doctor had ever seen in her life. My blood pressure is also superb!

Glucose levels are good, which mean I am not at risk for diabetes 2 yet.

Of course, I can't compare this with where I was at the age of 19 ( now 26). I have always been rather slim, but I doubt it was lower having worked at Burger King from 98-01. That and the unlimited burgers and donuts available to me in the military! So, yeah, going vegetarian is much healthier for you and is still yummilicious in its own way.

No comments: